Thursday, February 20, 2014

Brave New Essay Prompt

How does the dehumanization  and loss of individuality in a utopian society give allusions to the American views of the Cold War-era Soviet Union?

To be perfectly honest, after searching through the inter webs, I could not find a, in my opinion, apt enough question. So naturally I "found" one by using ingenuity. To go about answering the question by addressing the common use of propaganda by both factions following up with the concept of how everything is considered equal and serves everything equally. Then I would explain how the percived caste differential still exists despite the supposed unity.

2 comments:

  1. Jake, I really like how you didn't just find an essay prompt and copy/pasted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, good for you, Jake! This is very specific though, but I feel that I could write a good essay with this on 1984 or Brave New World.

    ReplyDelete