Thursday, January 9, 2014

Siddartha

  1. If you were the river, would you been lightenment or would you know enlightenment? In other words, what’s up with the river? What is it’s relation to enlightenment?
  2. What does enlightenment look like inSiddhartha? Is it a feeling? An attitude?
  3. What purpose does self-denial serve in Siddhartha? What about self-indulgence?
  4. What do the coils of smoke on his path represent?
  5. Sidddartha is plagued by his own mortal coils, at what point does he work beyond them?
The answers to 1 through 3 are ambiguous to me however the last two I can guess or make inference about. The coils can be the fear of self doubt or being able to uphold expectations. The other however I cannot say due to not reading the entire book. However I understand he dropped his doubt In the passage we read.

My questions were found on the very vanilla shmoop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment